It’s that time of year again where we all tidy up for the warm weather ahead. Spring cleaning can leave your M/I Home looking great and yourself feeling accomplished, but it can also be somewhat of a daunting task. If you’re feeling anxious, no need to worry! M/I Homes Indianapolis is here to provide you with five simple spring cleaning tips to help you get started.
1. Let in the Light: To make sure your M/I Home windows sparkle like the day you moved in, wash your windows on a cloudy day and try using a rubber-edged squeegee instead of traditional cloth or newspaper. This will be quicker and more effective. Use a screw-on extension for your squeegee to help you clean those hard to reach high spots!
2. Protect Wood Floors: If you have wood floors in your home, you will need to perform some routine maintenance to ensure they remain in good condition. Remember to replace any surface protectors on the undersides of furniture legs. If they are dirty or worn, a buildup of grit will damage the floor. Also, it may be a good idea to apply a wood cleaner and liquid polish to add a new wax coating. This will keep the floors looking shiny and new!
3. Tackle the Refrigerator: This can be a daunting task, but is manageable when broken down into simple steps. First, make it a habit to throw out old food once a week. And we know it can be tough, but try to wash the shelves of your refrigerator every few months. Use a solution of two tablespoons of baking soda for every quart of warm water. Lastly, use a toothbrush to scrub those hidden crannies and make sure to vacuum the condenser coils to prevent the refrigerator from overheating.
4. Fertilize the Lawn and Check Plants: With the beautiful, expansive lot provided with your M/I Home, it is important to remember to fertilize your lawn and apply a weed killer if necessary. Also, make sure to check plants for winter damage and prune accordingly. Replace any shrubs that have fallen out of the soil during a freeze-thaw cycle, before the roots dry out.
5. Don’t Forget the Small Stuff: There are always a couple spring cleaning items that miss the checklist. Don’t forget to flip or rotate your mattress, check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and clean your light bulbs and lampshades. These are all important tasks that are easy to overlook!
Spring is also a great time to start looking into a new home. We have move-in ready homes available now or we can help you build your dream home in one of our many Indianapolis neighborhoods. For more information or general inquiries, give us a call at 317.883.9517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.