Nothing says summertime like celebrating, whether it’s indoors or out! And since M/I Homes provides more than enough space to host any type of summer festivity, it’s the ideal location for any summer party. Utilize those big M/I kitchens to keep guests refreshed and treat them to one of these thirst-quenching beverages they’ll be asking you for the recipe for!!
Homemade Arnold Palmer
No combination is more refreshing than the mixture of tea and lemonade. Easy to make, this drink is perfect for a summer picnic or outdoor BBQ. As guests admire your spacious yard, they will sip on this delightful concoction.
- Tie four tea bags together and attach to the handle of a large pitcher
- Pour the hot water over the tea bags and into the pitcher. Set aside for five minutes to steep.
- For the lemonade, add some Simple Syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and ice cubes and pulse to puree to a blender. Place the mixture into a freezer until the tea has finished steeping.
- Add some ice cubes to a tall glass and pour some tea. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the lemonade into the glass.
Summertime is perfect for the occasional morning brunch. So, invite the ladies over and get them hooked on this strawberry mimosa while they enjoy your roomy M/I Home dining area.
- Mix orange juice and strawberries with a little shaved ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass and add cold champagne. Stir gently so it stays bubbly.
Fresh Melon Quenchers
A tad on the fruiter side, this mixture of pureed fruit blended with ice and sparkling water makes a thirst-satisfying summer drink for any occasion. Add a skewer of fresh fruit to create a sweet garnish, while a spoonful of yogurt adds creaminess.
- Combine melon puree, ice cubes, ginger, a teaspoon or two of yogurt or honey in a blender. Mix until it is frothy and smooth. To adjust sweetness, add additional honey.
- Add sparkling water to fill glass.
Summer birthday party approaching? Treat your daughter or son’s guests with this kid-friendly punch with a hint of tropical flavor. Top it off with a paper cocktail umbrella for an entertaining touch.
- Add 1 cup of sugar. 0.22 ounces of unsweetened blue raspberry lemonade mix, 7 cups of water, and 1 can of frozen unsweetened pineapple juice (chilled) in a 2 quarter pitcher and stir.
- Pour evenly into 5 ice cube trays and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Combine pineapple juice and ginger ale; serve over raspberry ice cubes.
Cherry Cola Cocktail
Impress your guests with this grown-up beverage that is both refreshing and delicious. Quick and easy to make, guests will sip on this cherry-flavored drink while relaxing in your spacious living room.
- Fill an 8-ounce glass with crushed ice and add the cola, cherry syrup and rum. Then, stir.
- Garnish with a few fresh cherries and add a cinnamon stick.